Support our local ecosystems by playing a new lottery
The Lewes Pound is pleased to support the South Downs Lottery as another way of protecting and promoting our local environment. It has been launched by South Downs National Park Trust as a fun way to support the conservation and enhancement of South Downs National Park and have a chance to win up to £25,000.
Visit South Downs Lottery or call 01730-631632 for more information.
By playing the lottery you can support the wildlife, landscape and communities of the National Park by helping to deliver the following types of projects:
- Bee-Lines – Improving habitat for bees, butterflies and other pollinators which are in decline by restoring chalk grassland and creating wildflower meadows.
- Mend Our Way – repairing the most damaged parts of the South Downs Way which is used by over 500,000 each year.
- School Travel Grant – supporting more children in accessing the learning environment of the National Park by providing travel grants to schools for educational visits to the National Park.
- Volunteer Conservation Fund – working with the Volunteer Ranger Service to support voluntary groups that want to improve their local area by offering grants for things like tools, consumables and materials.
- Sustainable Communities Fund – supporting communities that want to conserve and enhance the National Park’s wildlife, cultural heritage and community cohesion by offering grants of up to £10,000.